Monday, January 25, 2010

My trip to Sacramento went very well. After I landed in Sacramento it was off to Easter's Catholic Book Store where I gave a talk and did a book signing. We had a very lively question and answer session too. I met some very wonderful people and had a great time.
After the book signing we went to St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church in Roseville to have dinner with the pastor Fr. O'Reilly in the rectory. It was fabulous! Great food and great conversation.
After the dinner I did my talk in the church. Again, I met many wonderful people and I know I touched hearts. So many come up to me and tell me their stories. I'm glad that I can help even if it is in just a small way.
The next day was the Walk for Life in San Francisco. It was so heart warming and inspiring to see so many come out on a rainy day to stand for life. I firmly believe every pro-lifer should attend this event. They held a rally first and I stood on the stage holding my "I Regret My Abortion" sign in the pouring rain!
After the rally we started the walk. I walked with the Silent No More Awareness campaign. As we made our way through the streets of San Francisco we did meet up with opposition mainly in the form of feminists and their companions. At one point we saw some of the feminists had stolen a few of our signs and altered them. We had made up thousands of signs that said Women Do Regret Abortion and passed them out. They must have gotten a hold of some of them because they were holding them up with the altered version that read Women Dont Regret Abortion. We went to the police to see if we could confiscate them but they wouldn't allow us to because they said they didn't want a riot on their hands. I was ready to go to jail!
At the conclusion of the walk we all met at the Greens and had another rally. This is where we gave our testimonies and speeches. Fr. Frank Pavone came at the end and gave a magnificent speech telling the crowd that it was our stories and experiences that were going to change people's mind about abortion. I think he is right.
After the Walk I went to the Monastery of the The Sisters of Perpetual Adoration right in San Francisco. It was so beautiful and peaceful. Then we went to the Vigil Mass at the Cathedral where the deacon gave a magnificent homily on living your pro-life convictions which he illustrated by leaving a job that was asking him to support abortion.
I was so pleasantly surprised to see that San Francisco is VERY pro-life.
I'm looking forward to returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment