Monday, February 7, 2011

Jan 23 2011 Rally in Springfield, IL

I was invited by the Springfield, IL Right to Life committee to speak at their rally they have every year at the State Capitol. It was cold that Sunday, January 23rd and snowy. Many people attended though despite the cold and the fact that the Bears were playing that day. One part of the rally really touched me. They had young children lay roses in a vase to commemorate all the children who have died through abortion since Roe v Wade. It was very touching.
I told my story and hopefully imparted my message of how abortion hurts womem. I also encouraged them to consider praying or counseling in front of an abortion clinic. Having a prayerful presence at an abortion clinic and reaching out to the women going in there may be the only truth these women will ever hear. I just feel it's so important.
Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment